The industry’s first-ever complete High Dynamic Range solution with Dolby Vision playback technology is now available. Offered at $5,999.99 for the 65in and $129,999.99 for the 120in, the new Vizio premium collection is packed with more technical jargon than ever before.
The shopping channel pearl.tv will start broadcasting in Ultra High Definition (UHD) via satellite and the internet to coincide with the IFA (“Internationale Funkausstellung”), held in Berlin in September.
A business-to-business multi-platform music provider called Stingray, announced today that its Stingray Ambiance channel will be available to subscribers worldwide in 4K Ultra HD (UHD) from September this year.
A new 3 chip (1/3 inch) 4k cam from Toshiba has been announced - the IK-4K.
3840 x 2160 pixels are packed into a 1/3 inch sensor shooting at 50p/60p/50i/60i only.
This may raise the question of the demands on these tiny C Mount lenses. This 4K camera may start a demand for higher quality C Mount lenses from popular makes like Kowa even if they are more expensive!
Spec for the camera:
- 3840 x 2160 59.94/50 Hz UltraHD 4K output
- Switchable formats; 4K, 1080p and 1080i
- Up to 1600 TV lines resolution
- Ultra-compact two piece design
- 4x 3G/HD-SDI output for maximum signal fidelity
- 12-channel colour adjustment to achieve colour accuracy and control
- 5 User-configurable settings files to support different operating modes and conditions
- Image flip and mirror
- Freeze frame
- Gen-lock for 3D and multi-camera use
- Remote control via RS232
- C-mount lens mount
More details from Toshiba here